Friday, July 07, 2006

"I don't have any dream project." - A R Rahman

An interesting interview with A R Rahman where he talks about going back to Ads (the place where he started).

Some excerpts from the interview
I don't have any dream project: A.R. Rahman (INTERVIEW)

By Sandeep Bhattacharjee, Indo-Asian News Service


New Delhi, July 5 2006 (IANS) Music director A.R. Rahman, who gave splendid music in films like 'Dil Se', 'Saathiya', 'Taal', 'Swades' and 'Rang De Basanti', says period movies give a music director an opportunity to learn and experiment.


Q: Recently you composed music for several commercials.

A: See, I started my career composing for commercials and then moved on to films. Now I am back again composing music for commercials. So I think my life has come full circle.



Q: What is more challenging - composing for commercials or films?

A: For me it is equally challenging because it takes the same amount of dedication, energy and time.



Q: You were famous for your weird working hours - from midnight till morning. Are you still continuing the same?

A: (laughs...) Ya, I am very much the same with the same working hours.



Q: So when do you sleep?

A: I sleep from 9 in the morning till 3 in the afternoon.



Q: Tell us about your international projects?

A: I would be working on Shekar Kapur's 'Elizabeth II', 'Lord Of The Rings Musical' and there are plans to collaborate with a very big international guitarist whose name I cannot divulge right now.



Q: Are you happy with the state of music in India?



A: In India, people just listen to film music. I think that attitude needs to be changed. We should be open to all forms of music.



Q: Any dream project?



A: I don't have any dream project. Even the little success I have till now seems like a dream to me.

Copyright Indo-Asian News Service

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home